Enhance your AAIC experience with ISTAART
Members of the Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART) receive additional benefits during the AAIC experience. Join ISTAART to receive special registration discounts and access to member-only receptions, workshops and business meetings during the conference.
Reduced registration rates
ISTAART members receive reduced registration rates to AAIC and AAIC preconferences. Registration opens in early 2014.
At AAIC and year-round, ISTAART members receive exclusive benefits to connect, share and grow in the field. These include:
- Extended deadlines for AAIC abstract submission.
- Opportunity to apply for exclusive AAIC travel grants.
- Preferential hotel selection at AAIC and other Association conferences.
- Annual subscription to Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association.
- Free online access to Neurobiology of Aging ($317 value domestic; $341 international).
- Opportunity to join a Professional Interest Area (PIA).
- Monthly member e-newsletter.
- Early notification of grant opportunities and the opportunity to become a grants reviewer for the Alzheimer's Association.
- Access to the Online Career Center.
Student Volunteer Program
ISTAART offers a Student Volunteer Program with financial assistance to attend AAIC in exchange for volunteer time at the conference. This is only available to current ISTAART student members.
Summary of responsibilities
Assist Alzheimer’s Association staff by:
- Interacting with the session chairs and speakers.
- Delivering packets to session chairs.
- Setting up continuing education sign-in sheets.
- Notifying staff of any issues, including audiovisual issues or late speakers.
- Monitoring attendee badges.
- Monitoring unacceptable photographing and video recordings in session rooms.
- Removing unclaimed posters at the end of each day.
- Assist conference attendees in locating sessions, Exhibit Hall and poster presentations, etc.
- Represent ISTAART and promote membership.
Accepted volunteers are provided with the following:
- AAIC conference registration
- Housing at a designated hotel*
- Coach-class airfare to and from the conference*
* Awards will not be given in the form of a check. Awardees will not be reimbursed for booking their own travel, hotel or conference registration without prior written authorization from the Association.
- Applicants must be current ISTAART members as of July 1, 2014. If you are a current member and your membership expires June 30, 2014, you must renew by June 30 in order to accept the award if chosen.
- Applicants must be a verified student.
- Applicants must apply via the online application link (available in January 2014).
- A 350-word statement of need/interest (submitted via the online application form).
- Recommendation from a faculty member (submitted via the online application form).
- Award recipients must agree to volunteer for the entire duration of AAIC (July 13-17, 2014).
- Applicants must be fluent in the English language and able to effectively communicate with speakers and attendees.
Applicants are ineligible for the program award if:
- The applicant currently owes the Association a reimbursement in connection with a previous award.
- The applicant received an ISTAART Student Volunteer Award in 2013. Past recipients are not eligible unless invited by ISTAART to participate as a volunteer lead.
- The applicant is a recipient of a 2014 Alzheimer's Association International Conference Travel Fellowship.
How to apply
- Submit an application.
- Application deadline: April 11, 2014.
- Notifications will be sent via email by April 15, 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact ISTAART Member Services at ISTAART@alz.org or 1.312.335.5188.